Friday, August 21, 2009

This Is the Post I Posted Over on FB about 8-20.

It was just easier to copy & paste then try to come up with something new....

So, lots of things happened on 8-20:22 years ago one of my most favorite people in the world was born--my cousin Kimberly. I am wierd and like to call her Kimbo. Not sure if that annoys her or not, I have never asked, but I continue to call this 22 year old yound woman Kimbo. Sigh, maybe in my mind that keeps me & her both young! :) She has been more like my little sis & freind than my cousin! She is also one of the funniest people I know! My boys adore her, my husband loves her, she is just super awesome! She used to babysit for Chase when he was a baby with her BFF Hilary when they were in high school. And now she is getting married, she is a teacher, she is all growed up...I feel OLD! Happy Birthday Kimbo! We love you!

One year ago another of my most favorite people on this planet were born! My nepehw Hunter! It makes me sad because he lives in MO with his Daddy, my brother, I don't understand why my brother couldn't have just let me have him...he has 3 other boys, I mean, he could share ;-) Then we would have been even, he would have 3 and I would have 3...sigh. I mean, isn't Owen selfish? JUST KIDDING OWEN! I digress, it makes me sad that I haven't been able to meet him yet. Circumstances are such that I haven't been able to get my tailend out to MO to hug & kiss and love on my nephew! I am also sad that he hasn't been able to meet his Aunt Kerry...I am a cool Aunt Kerry for sure! How do I know he is one of my favorite people ever if I haven't met him yet? I mean, he is my nephew...how could he not be? I love hearing him jibber jabber when I am on the phone with my brother! He is a sweet baby! Happy Birthday Hunter. I better warn you, when Aunt Kerry does get to meet you, I have to make up for lost time...so there will be lots of hugs & kisses and cuddles! Just be prepared!

And lastly, but certainly not least, my Grandmother passed away one year ago on 8-20. I will never forget that phone call from my Dad(she was his mom) He couldn't even speak...and that's when I knew she was Home. In Heaven. With her Heavenly Father. It took my breathe away to hear my Dad cry. We knew she wasn't doing well. She suffered from alzheimer's. But no matter how "prepared" you are. You are never ready to lose someone as special as your grandmother. We called her Mamaw! I will never forget talking to my cousin Jessica, or Kimberly that day. My heart hurt, because Kimberly will always remember her Mamaw went to be with Jesus on her birthday. My Mamaw was a very special lady. A mother of 6 boys! (I don't know how she stayed sane!) I have so many great memories of her hugs and her cooking and spending summers with her...I have a quilt she made me before I left for college, it is one of my most cherished items! I still snuggle with it on a cold evening! It is so hard to believe she has been gone from us for a year! Thanksgivng will not be the same without her!

BUT how incredible is it, that on the very day she went Home, the Lord sent us Hunter? What an incredible gift Hunter is to us! I cannot find the right words to describe how awesome that was for our family to welcome this new life into our family that day. He brought each of us a ray of sunshine, a rainbow, a promise of new life, on a very dark day. God is so good. He is so faithful. One thing about my Mamaw--she LOVED her babies! LOVED her granchildren, greatgrandchildren, and it was so fitting that she had another great gran born on the day she went home! Her legacy lives on with my cousin Jessica's little girl, she named her Autumn Tennessee...after my Mamaw...that was her middle name! How cool & special is that?

8-20 CELEBRATES three very special people in my life! I am a bit emotional today, missing my Mamaw, wishing I could be sitting on the floor at my brother's house in MO playing with Hunter, and overwhelmed that my little cousin has grown up to be an INCREDIBLE woman! So I thought I would write about it -- and celebrate with them!

I LOVE you Owen! You are a great, incredible dad to Hunter, to all your boys! I love that baby--give him kisses & warn him about how crazy his Aunt Kerry is!

Kimberly, I will be thinking about you all day tomorrow! I LOVE you more than you may ever know.

Mamaw...I LOVE you and you will be in my heart forever! Thanks for all you taught me!

Here's to 8-20 a VERY special day for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment