Saturday, August 15, 2009

Remembering....


This is one I don't think I will EVER forget...


When Chase was about 3 he was having "issues" with his penis. It would "grow" as he put it. And when this happened it hurt him. He would cry and get upset and it was crazy. I didn't know what was happening...I thought something was wrong. Apparently not, apprently all little 3 & 4 year old little boys have these types of "issues" around this age. I am not sure how many of them cry about it...but it upset Chase A LOT! So we had to figure out a way to try to help him through. So we told him to pull his knees up to his chest and breath in and out and just relax. (we told him the obvious first...don't touch it!) Well, one night Chase was laying in the bed with with and he pulled his knees up to his chest and started taking deeps breathes. Then he says to me:


"Mommy, I am doing a really good job at taking care of my penis aren't I? Do you do a good job taking care of your penis?"


My reply " I don't have a penis"


Me: bracing myself for the question "what do you have" trying to think in my head what am I going to say, I really don't want to talk to him about this...then to my surprise and delight he says


" whelp, the next time we go to the store we will just have to buy you one!"


Ah...I still laugh when I think of that night! I still get other people laughing when I share that story! That's a funny story! I sent it in to Reader's Digest...I am still waiting for my $200.


This in comparison with Seth. The same thing is happening to Seth(he is 4) He doesn't get as upset as Chase...he doesn't' cry. But he does whine about it "mommy, my penis is getting big and I am not touching it" so it bothers him...So we have told Seth the same thing, breathe deep, pull your legs up to your chest, don't touch it!


So on Easter Sunday we were at my Dad's church, the singing had just ended and everyone was sitting down and quiet listening to the announcements or something. Did you read what I said it was QUIET! in a church, on Easter Sunday, my dad's church, we know these people, we have to see them again, and Seth sits down and promptly says VERY loudly


"MOMMY MY PENIS IS GETTING BIG AND I AM NOT TOUCHING IT"


Well, my dad said they couldn't hear him up front, but the people around me sure heard him. I was MORTIFIED! If I could have disappeared into that church pew...that is what I wanted to do!


Boys.....

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! Can't believe this is what I have to look forward to.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete