Thursday, January 29, 2009

Love Notes


So, my 5 year old Chase started kindergarten this year. It has been fun/challenging for both of us. He likes it, but doesn't. He would rather be here playing with Seth & I. But he has made some friends. And I have even had to hear about his "girlfriend". He doesn't even talk to her, but just thinks she is pretty. He once told me he thought she was so pretty because she had hair "like his granny". Which I thought was so sweet. He loves my mom so much. Well, today he gets a note in his book bag. I thought it was for me, he typically will write CJ & I cards on days they have "indoor recess". I initially thought it was for us, but at closer look, it was TO: Chase FROM: MITY(her name is misty, she forgot the s) Now this is NOT the same girl. I said, well, Chase look at this...he says "oh man...that girl loves me, she makes me everything!" I say, do you like her? "NO, she isn't as pretty as Krista" well her note to Chase read "I "heart" you" it was a drawn heart. I was like, wow Chase. He said, "yeah she wrote me this silly note once before with just a bunch of numbers on it, I didn't understand it so I threw it away" My response was Oh...a bunch of numbers...in my head I am realizing a 5 year old little girl gave my son her phone number! I don't know about you but when I was 5 we were playing girls chase boys or visa versa on the playground and that was it....but now, there are loves notes & phone numbers being passed around? I mean, I think Chase is one of the 2 cutest boys ever(Seth being the other) but, I am his mom, and he is 5. Did I tell you that already? 5. I don't know how to feel about this, other than utter fear for what may lie ahead! I mean, I thought I had a few more years before girls started "throwing" themselves at my boys! OYE! I know we live in a different age, I know too, he is in a public school, all of those kids come from all kinds of backgrounds! So, I am laughing, it is cute, but really on the inside I am shaking...I have got to step up my prayers for my boys! But, I must say, I thank God Chase was clueless about the phone number! Who knows, that kid would have probably tried to call her, and I wonder, does she think he is going to call her? Is she sad that he hasn't yet? I mean, Chase calls my parents when I don't know it, uses my cell phone, they are on speed dial, but that is the extent of his phone usage...and I plan to keep it that way for years to come!


*sigh* so I am going to bed processing this....but this is definitely one I didn't want to forget! My baby is growing up WAY too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment