Thursday, January 22, 2009

Not for the weak stomach


So, I have been considering starting a blog for a while now. My friend does it, and I love reading hers. Her point is so she can remember fun things, or just memories from their life. I am no good at writing things down, I thought...I should do that. I have put it off and put it off and put it off. What has thrown me over the edge to actually start my own blog you may ask? Well, diarrhea actually. Yep, you read right. Diarrhea...as I was sitting on the bathroom floor with my 3 year Seth, I thought, I need to put this down, because it was just one of those moments.

Seth is my youngest, 3. He is nothing but energy. The other evening he had a bad bout of diarrhea. When this happens to him, he gets upset. Sometimes he cries, other times he just gets scared. We have had many conversations about diarrhea. Anyway, he had a TON of blueberries that day, so you can imagine, it was quite a different color, and it didn't smell bad, but it wouldn't stop. He was so upset. He wouldn't let me leave the bathroom. So for half and hour I sat on the bathroom floor just talking to my boy. We started of talking about the diarrhea, the color, the smell, why do people get it, he hates it, etc. But then because it wouldn't stop the conversation just took a whole new direction. See, this happened 3 days ago and the funny things he was telling me I can't remember, I should have started this blog that night! But I do remember cracking up laughing, belly laughing at my 3 year old, sitting on the pot,me on the floor. We laughed and he pooped, we laughed more, he pooped more, he just didn't' want me to leave. So when finally I thought it was safe to get up...he gets up and put his little hiny in my face and said "can you take care of the dirty work for me...it is too hard today". AHHH the joys of motherhood!

But, that day, it took diarrhea for me to just stop, stop the dishes, stop the cleaning, just stop and talk to my boy! So, as gross as parts of this was, Seth and I had a moment that day, and it was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment